Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#37451 11/03/10 08:21 PM
Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CLUB!

Time for action folks. Standup & be counted!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
A few forums have posted this information:

quote:
Dear Liverpool Supporter,

Please copy and paste the following email message, signing your name at the foot of the page and send to the names listed below at approximately 8pm on Wednesday the 10th of March.

To: -

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]

CC: -

[email protected];[email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];dominick48[spamprevention];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];

Dear Mr Hester,

Having reviewed the company accounts in relation to Liverpool Football Club and Parent Company Kop Football Ltd, of which there is approximately £237M worth of debt; it is clear that the business model operated by the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is unsustainable.

Whilst I appreciate that any refinancing package deal is a confidential matter between the Royal Bank of Scotland and the current owners of Liverpool Football Club, it is also a very personal issue for many Liverpool supporters around the world. As a British Tax Payer and a Lifelong Liverpool fan, I can assure you that I am not happy that my hard earned money is being used to pay for the purchase of Liverpool Football Club for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

There is an ever increasing sense of anger and resentment towards the the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, which is likely to turn towards RBS if the refinancing deal is extended in the coming months.

It is my understanding that if the Refinancing deal is renegotiated beyond July 2010, then a campaign in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland will take place which will include Billboards with anti-RBS messages encouraging Liverpool Fans to Boycott RBS in a similar manner to the Boycott of the Sun Newspaper (please see below).

Debt Lies Cowboys - Spirit Of Shankly Liverpool Supporters' nion

Anfield Road - Don't buy the Sun

If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid.

We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club are effectively paying the loan repayments for Hicks and Gillett, and as taxpayers have a "controlling stake" in RBS. We should therefore have a say in where our money is being invested.

The ball is firmly in your court.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool Supporter
Feel free to add to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The Facebook group to join is here:
http://www.facebook.com/group....=245870897172&ref=ss

[u][/u]

Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
The "Debt Lies Cowboys - Spirit Of Shankly Liverpool Supporters' union & Anfield Road - Don't buy the Sun" lines in the letter should be clickable links to the following web pages. Just bracket the following addresses next to each;

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/debtliescowboys.html

&

http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/

"I've Enjoyed Every Minute. People Have Made Far More Money Than Me In Football But Nobody's Ever Enjoyed It More Than Me."

- Sir Bob Paisley
Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
Mods? Any chance of making this thread a sticky for a while?

Hopefully the more that see it; the more action taken.

"I've Enjoyed Every Minute. People Have Made Far More Money Than Me In Football But Nobody's Ever Enjoyed It More Than Me."

- Sir Bob Paisley
oh sh1t my mortgage is with rbs grin

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
Originally Posted By: wakbakduken
oh sh1t my mortgage is with rbs grin

A brilliant slogan for when the billboard campaign starts against RBS. smile

- Sir Bob Paisley
Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
One final thing folks. I don't know what the significance is to the date quoted that the template letter be sent to RBS, but even though it's passed please, PLEASE, carry on sending them.

- Sir Bob Paisley
are these email addresses genuine or a hoax?

I already sent some stinking but professional emails.

The sea, will be the sea, whatever the drops philosophy!
Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
As far as I know, the email addresses are correct.

Why or what would make you think they 'might' be a hoax??? I don't understand.

- Sir Bob Paisley
you get many emails that are not really the genuine email addy of the intended recipient.

how bout you try send a email to [email protected]

you think it would a genuine email address? lol

The sea, will be the sea, whatever the drops philosophy!
Acari Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
A FaceBook page has now been set up against RBS.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=245870897172&ref=ss

OUR club has never needed us more than it needs us now.

- Sir Bob Paisley
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM