Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anxiety Offline OP
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
A
A new guy at work (spurs fan) asked me why Liverpool fans think they have been hard done by over the years and i gave him this reason:

Over 20 years we have spent hundreds of millions and most of it badly. So our owners have mostly always given us the funds to buy the players to help us win the league but our problem is we have wasted most of that money. If like in the Roy Hodgson time where he wasn't provided funds then fair enough competing with the likes of Manchester was always going to be tough. But where teams like newcastle, arsenal, and lower league teams beat us shows that spending money wisely is more useful than just throwing it around. Therefore we have the fan base, have had the money available, a good youth development but we have wasted our chance.

Going forward i would rather us have a limit of say 2 signings every summer but make them quality rather than sign 5 players who are average. We sign too many players who just sit on the bench and reserves where we should be buying players who improve the first team and push us forward.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
What was his response...?

A
Anxiety Offline OP
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
A
Pretty much along the lines of our glory days are gone and never to return.....

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
At least we had some

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion