KopTalk.com
Posted By: redordead13 Liverpool vs West Brom - 21/04/12 07:14 PM
Surprised we don't have a thread for this yet.

Reina

Johnson Agger Skyrtel Enrique

Downing Gerrard Spearing Maxi

Suarez Carroll

Subs: Bellamy, Kuyt, Sterling
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 21/04/12 07:18 PM
1-1

west brom to score first, we nick a a goal in 2nd half.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 21/04/12 07:24 PM
I'm thinking 2-0.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 21/04/12 07:39 PM
0-0 for me.

I will be at the game and have been pushing myself a bit lately. (I have pruned a tree) Therefore this is an ideal opportunity to catch up on some much needed kip.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 21/04/12 07:42 PM
smile
Posted By: dasil12 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 21/04/12 08:11 PM
A laboured 2-0 or 2-1 win. West brom can be shocking at times. Let's hope tomroww is tht time.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:59 AM
2-2 draw (liverpool to score in last ten minutes to salvage a draw)

but lets be positive and say 5- 0 to the mgihty reds.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 12:37 PM
I'd like to see Gerrard on the right. His crossing from there poses significant problems. And try Maxi in the middle. He has the technical ability and will get in the box too.

Reina

Gerrard Maxi Spearing Downing

Suarez Carroll

Subs: Bellamy, Kuyt, Sterling, Shelvey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 12:49 PM
Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Carroll Suarez

Downing off for Bellamy, but both players to look for Maxi at the far post. Johnson to bomb forward, and Gerrard to drift to the right, exchanging places with Downing on occasion.

It's rather amusing to see an all English right flank and an all foreign left. smile Spearing and Skrtel are the only odd ones out or it would be mirrored across the whole team.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 01:12 PM
Originally Posted By: redordead13

Reina

Suarez Carroll

You shouldn't be really, its not like we are fighting for the title or any european places are we?
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 01:31 PM
Maybe not, but we're still fighting to restore some pride and find some consistent form ahead of the cup final.
Posted By: *** Suso *** Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 02:04 PM
Reina

Kelly Agger coates Enrique ( robinson with 30mins left)

Gerrard hendo jonjo Downing ( sterling with 30mins left)

Suarez Carroll

Subs:jones, Bellamy, carra, Sterling, Shelvey
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 03:08 PM
5-0 thrashing would Give hodgson something to make up some bullsh1t about after the game, perhaps he would blame the lfc fans for not getting behind his team?
Posted By: EMP Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 03:51 PM
give over with the hodgson attacks. lfc fans don't do that and the club was a mess when he came in
Posted By: Top4 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 03:58 PM
Totally agree. Completely uncalled for. Why is it so difficult for some to accept that a manager tries his best at any team and if he comes up short over a period they are released.

Can't remember many at any club who deliberately toil all week to then want to lose.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:10 PM
You call that an attack?
Top4 No need to be completly naive. Did hodgson give his best to that job? I say no he didnt
Posted By: fazakerley red 1 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Armitage
You call that an attack?
Top4 No need to be completly naive. Did hodgson give his best to that job? I say no he didnt
how can you say he didnt try his best , of course he tried his best , the club was left in a massive mess from benitez players going on strike , torres not interested the club very close to administation to say he wasnt professional and didnt try hard is just a sad sad thinking and way off the mark .
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:18 PM
Why did he blame joe cole, and then say he didnt sign him. Why did he blame the low quality of players on the bench when they got knocked out by northampton? Oh wait it was him who picked the bench.

And why (and this is why he really doesnt deserve anything special treatment wise did he instantly say up on getting the job that people are goig to have to lower expectation? Surely some kind of new sports psychology? Except for wait when mourinho and ferguson do it they actually win their matches!!!

Sorry dont' fall for hte 'niceguy' routine.
Hodgson would walk away from any disaster created by himself and blame everyone else but himself. He was in it purely for his own faltering ego and KNEW he wouldnt win matches with liverpool. Thats why i think he should be booed everytime he goes near lfc. If he had any integrity which he doesnt he would have stayed at fulham

Thats what happens when a club or business for that matter is faltering. You get the parasites taking their share and giving 50 percent

I include in that PAUL INCE another gobsh1te
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: redordead13

Reina

Suarez Carroll

I like that team. The main things I'm looking for from the lineup are:

1. Gerrard, Carroll & Suarez to start
2. Agger & Skrtel to start at in the centre.
3. Sterling to make the squad and hopefully get on at some stage.
Posted By: fazakerley red 1 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:24 PM
Why did he blame joe cole, and then say he didnt sign him. Why did he blame the low quality of players on the bench when they got knocked out by northampton? Oh wait it was him who picked the bench.

And why (and this is why he really doesnt deserve anything special treatment wise did he instantly say up on getting the job that people are goig to have to lower expectation? Surely some kind of new sports psychology? Except for wait when mourinho and ferguson do it they actually win their matches!!!

Sorry dont' fall for hte 'niceguy' routine.
Hodgson would walk away from any disaster created by himself and blame everyone else but himself. He was in it purely for his own faltering ego and KNEW he wouldnt win matches with liverpool. Thats why i think he should be booed everytime he goes near lfc. If he had any integrity which he doesnt he would have stayed at fulham

Thats what happens when a club or business for that matter is faltering. You get the parasites taking their share and giving 50 percent

I include in that PAUL INCE another gobsh1te
like benitez blamed everyone under the sun when he failed , look he failed roy like benitez did and like dalglish has in the league , but roy came into a club in massive decline due to the mess left by benitez and the previous owners and couldnt arrest the slide , there dalglish spent millions and in the league he is worse than roy and dalglish also blames everyone else like benitez did is dalglish unprofessional ?.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:24 PM
Not to fussed as long as we hammer them 5-0
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:25 PM
Gonna have to try and get a good online feed for this one. We've been spoiled a bit lately with most of our matches being on Sky/Setanta/ESPN.

Originally Posted By: heggypompom
smile

Seriously dude, what is the point?? tired
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:25 PM
Keeping it simple Bar
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:28 PM
Keeping it simple Bar

'Simple' is right...!
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:29 PM
smirk
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 04:30 PM
however just like kenny, his best was nowhere good enough
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 06:46 PM
Rumoured lineup....

@duncanjenkinsFC: todays #lfc team is reina johnson skrtl agger enrique spearing Henderson maxi kuyt suarez carroll

No Stevie...?? Hope this isn't true.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 06:54 PM
henderson has his chance in middle
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 06:57 PM
should be interesting if gerrard does not play
Posted By: Growler Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By: BarLennon
Rumoured lineup....

@duncanjenkinsFC: todays #lfc team is reina johnson skrtl agger enrique spearing Henderson maxi kuyt suarez carroll

Why? He was generally speaking, shyte last weekend. eek

2-1 to us btw. Caroll to score again.
Posted By: Growler Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 07:00 PM
Keeping it simple Bar

'Simple' is right...!

My signature that is. laugh
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Growler
Rumoured lineup....

Why? He was generally speaking, shyte last weekend. eek

2-1 to us btw. Caroll to score again.

I hope you're right....

Opta Liverpool @OptaLiverpool
100% - Liverpool have 100% winning record in games where Andy Carroll scored a goal. Victory.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 07:11 PM
Just shows you how you can bend opta stats!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:00 PM
Lucky not be 1 down at half time......two great saves from Reina....atmosphere at ground seems very quiet.

Pretty lack lustre first half....big improvement required in the 2nd half to win this!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:54 PM
Disgusting......How the hell we didnt score is beyond me!!!
Posted By: syko26 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:55 PM
Can't believe how we never scored!!
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:56 PM
How many times have we hit the post now? Surely its above 30 now.
Posted By: EMP Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:57 PM
there's a extra champs league spot for the team that hits the woodwork the most
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:57 PM
another defeat
Posted By: mightyreds Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:57 PM
It's got to a point where its become a joke. We are officially the laughing stock in the league.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:58 PM
It's just no suprise any more when we loose. The good thing is we surely can't get any worse next year.
Posted By: EMP Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 09:58 PM
laughing stock that will win the fa cup to add to the league cup
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:00 PM
Maybe we should get Roy back in. People have been calling for us to get every other manager that has beaten us this year!
Posted By: kernowred Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: kennymuststay
laughing stock that will win the fa cup to add to the league cup

we just lost at home to west brom and you think we have a prayer against the team that just beat barca?to be honest if winning the fa cup means kenny will stay i hope we lose for the good of our club.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:06 PM
I have to say, my major concern with results like this is how the hell are we going to attract decent players so we can improve?

We played WBA off the park in the 2nd half until a stupid error cost us a goal. They had 3 decent chances and put one of them away and forcd a save out of Reina with the other two, we on the other hand hit the woodwork twice and just couldnt put the ball in the back of the net with 20 chances......I have to say I had to laugh myself and almost expected them to score after all the efforts we had cleared and saved!
My biggest disappointment is the lack of fight shown by the players after WBA scored. We ran around the pitch like a bunch of losers looking like they were thinking, "here we go again"!!

Just been one of those seasons I guess.
Posted By: jboy Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:13 PM
Don't be daft man.We couldn't beat west brom at home after dominating the game completely,how do you suppose we are to beat Chelsea who put in a far more dogged defence against barca and they are a better quality attacking side than west brom
Posted By: mightyreds Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:13 PM
We stopped playing after bellamy and downing came on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:14 PM
Where are the kenny lovers!! .... Who still wants this next season??
Posted By: EMP Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:39 PM
me
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:47 PM
I am just so confused at this tripe kenny serves up, league game after league game.
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:53 PM
Originally Posted By: jboy
Don't be daft man.We couldn't beat west brom at home after dominating the game completely,how do you suppose we are to beat Chelsea who put in a far more dogged defence against barca and they are a better quality attacking side than west brom

Did we not already beat them twice this season? We also beat Man City, Arsenal and Man Ure. If football results were as black and white as you make it out to be, we'd be higher in the league.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 10:58 PM
we will probably beat chelsea 6-0 knowing the way football works
Posted By: ianrush81 Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:04 PM
I think the Dalglish lovers and Dalglish deserve one another...
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:06 PM
they are a dying breed or so I am told
Posted By: jboy Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:24 PM
You're only as good as your last performance Bar
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:24 PM
So. The number of home games where Liverpool have scored more than once remains at 4. 3 times we scored 3, and we put 2 past Wolves at Anfield. Number of times we've scored none at home? Also 4. We've conceded a goal in 12 of our home games (out of 17) - ie 5 clean sheets.

I'm sorry, but you can't have 12 shots on target without making the keeper produce at least one world class save. I mean, WBA had 4 on target - 1 goal, and two great saves from Reina among them. We had 12 without troubling the keeper, and 16 more that weren't on target. 15 corners - 0 goals. Do we practice shooting?

Carroll played a number of brilliant layoffs, and all amounted to nothing because he's surrounded by players who can't hit the side of a barn. Not that he can do better, but in terms of creating clear cut chances he was the stand out player. Were his team mates Everton players today we'd have scored half a dozen or more.

Disgusted with our continual inability to score goals, and just what was Johnson thinking? Bring back Kelly already.

And Kenny? "You keep coming with the same questions and I'll keep giving you the same answers." Then give the interviewer a reason to ask different questions! Like maybe, "What did you do to turn around Liverpool's inability to score goals?"
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:26 PM
+1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:30 PM
It's heggypompom day!

Nearly every thread on the first page was last commented on by heggypompom!

Go on son!

laugh
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: thundyr
Carroll played a number of brilliant layoffs, and all amounted to nothing because he's surrounded by players who can't hit the side of a barn. Not that he can do better, but in terms of creating clear cut chances he was the stand out player. Were his team mates Everton players today we'd have scored half a dozen or more.

The finishing has been out-of-this-world awful this season. I've never seen anything like it from any team, let alone ours. We create so much, but do so little with it, it's unbelievable. As for your mention of Carroll, you're quite right - here's a stat I saw earlier that I found very interesting!

Opta Liverpool @OptaLiverpool
8 - The number of Goal-Scoring chances created by Andy Carroll today, the most by a Liverpool player in a single game, this season. Surprise
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:35 PM
I would love to know how much of these were clear cut chances
Posted By: bigredkop Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:40 PM
Now I know some people have tagged me a 'gloom mongerer' as I'm not a Kenny supporter and don't Carroll should be our no. 9 this season.

But personally i don't see how people can rip on us for the most part of today. We were dominant. Carroll was integral to the play and we should have scored at least 3. I mean what could possibly make us so bad at shooting? What? Surely coaching can't be so bad you just forget where the goal is completely?! I mean there is literally no logical answer.

The team played great. Created plenty of clear cut chances. Carroll worked well (though I still don't see a partnership there with suarez).

So this is a genuine question to anyone, what could make us so bad at shooting? Not, what is the answer as if we had that we would all be rich and not on an internet forum, but what possible reasons could there be for such poor shooting accuracy. I genuinely can't think of any feasible ones.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:45 PM
kenny kevin and steve
Posted By: Bar Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 22/04/12 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: bigredkop
Now I know some people have tagged me a 'gloom mongerer' as I'm not a Kenny supporter and don't Carroll should be our no. 9 this season.

But personally i don't see how people can rip on us for the most part of today. We were dominant. Carroll was integral to the play and we should have scored at least 3. I mean what could possibly make us so bad at shooting? What? Surely coaching can't be so bad you just forget where the goal is completely?! I mean there is literally no logical answer.

The team played great. Created plenty of clear cut chances. Carroll worked well (though I still don't see a partnership there with suarez).

So this is a genuine question to anyone, what could make us so bad at shooting? Not, what is the answer as if we had that we would all be rich and not on an internet forum, but what possible reasons could there be for such poor shooting accuracy. I genuinely can't think of any feasible ones.

+1. Very good post, I agree 100%. I really have no answers. I'm left scratching my head after that one. In some people's mind it's a case of "we lost today = we were sh*t today". How we didn't score, I'll never know. Our finishing isn't good enough, but you can't fault the amount of chances we made. We just don't have anybody who can finish them at the moment. I just wonder if it's some sort of mental block with our players at the moment. There seems to be a lot of snatching at chances. But how can people blame that defeat today on Kenny personally? If we played sh*t, then yes, maybe. We didn't though - as you said, how can he make the players bad at finishing? He can't, is the answer.

I dunno, I really can't make sense of the team at the moment. As I said on the shout box earlier, they're an enigma.
Posted By: AvailableOnAFree Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 12:03 AM
At the end of the day, a shot off the woodwork is really a shot off-target. So who do we blame for that? You know I'm no Kenny fan, but I find it difficult to fault him for today's performance. We played well enough, but our finishing was just beyond anything I've ever seen. We've had a terrible season finishing-wise, but this really takes the biscuit. Playing the blame game is silly here but if we're going to blame anyone, blame the players. Whether it's a problem of technique or mentality is immaterial - they're not getting it right, simple as that.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 12:40 AM
blame the coaching

if a child keeps doing the deed in his nappy, then you show how to use the potty until it becomes second nature.

we need better coaching.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 12:59 AM
So we should learn to put our nappies inside the goal area?
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 01:17 AM
if a striker keeps missing the target then you show him how to score until it becomes second nature.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 02:57 AM
While that is valid the player also needs to take respnsability for his own actions! Why doesn't he do a bit of overtime after training and set up balls and comes around the area and shoot at goal to try and improve himself? Happy to take the huge dollars they get paid but not do any extra to get better!! Not that I know they don't buy it certainly appears that way!
Posted By: elimmel Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 07:28 AM
Maybe they should stop playing those hit the woodwork skill challenges!
Tie some tyres to the corners and hit the ball through them. You don't get your lunch till you hit at least 75% in. That'll teach em! frown
Posted By: heggypompom Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 08:40 AM
old school training, i like it smile
Posted By: House Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 01:36 PM
tbh we are so average its ridiculous. all this talk about chances, how many *.... did we have yesterday?

*one-on-ones?
*unchallenged shots in the box?
*free headers 10 yards or closer?

those are chances and i cant remember having more than 1 or 2 of them yesterday. every shot isn't a chance. we're creating good situations where we could and maybe should score, but we're not creating genuine chances.

also kenny's subs were a complete joke, as per. kuyt, johnson and suarez were our best players yesterday and what does the clown do? takes off kuyt for bellamy? we didn't do anything after that change. an when he took off maxi -who if he isn't tapping the ball in from 8 yards is completely useless- he put downing on the right. i said from the very beginning kenny isn't the man for us. he doesn't understand 21st century football.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 05:34 PM
I continue to fail to understand this idea of Kenny's that we need Bellamy on the left and Downing on the right when both are consistently better on their natural flank. Neither Enrique nor Johnson can cross for sh*t so why play two inverted wingers? After all, the guy providing the most crosses was Henderson, who was supposedly playing in the middle... If this paragraph all makes perfect sense to you, the reader, then you know a lot more about Kenny's "tactics" than I.

I can understand the idea of playing Downing on the right if Maxi is on the left, as the latter has a habit of getting into decent positions in the box, but in all other formations Downing must be on the left.

I would say Kuyt's first half miss was definitely a "genuine chance" as he was one-on-one with the keeper and under no pressure - Nasri scored from much the same position against Wolves, for instance, and all he did different was hit the target. Same for Suarez who hit a ball straight at the keeper when missing him by even a few inches would have scored. The two that hit the bar were in the second half, and in both the keeper was nowhere. So that's at least 4 "genuine chances" by my count.
Posted By: House Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 23/04/12 08:29 PM

I would say Kuyt's first half miss was definitely a "genuine chance" as he was one-on-one with the keeper and under no pressure - Nasri scored from much the same position against Wolves, for instance, and all he did different was hit the target. Same for Suarez who hit a ball straight at the keeper when missing him by even a few inches would have scored. The two that hit the bar were in the second half, and in both the keeper was nowhere. So that's at least 4 "genuine chances" by my count.

as i said every shot isn't a chance. hendo hit the bar from 25-ish yards. that was not a chance, but a very good effort. i cant remember the kuyt chance. so maybe 3 genuine chances in 90 mins of football at home to WBA. a genuine chance every 30 mins.
Posted By: bigredkop Re: Liverpool vs West Brom - 24/04/12 01:51 AM
Originally Posted By: House

I think you have distinctly under rated how many genuine chances we had.

as i said every shot isn't a chance. hendo hit the bar from 25-ish yards. that was not a chance, but a very good effort. i cant remember the kuyt chance. so maybe 3 genuine chances in 90 mins of football at home to WBA. a genuine chance every 30 mins.
© KopTalk Forums