KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I was at the match my thoughts were I am hungry what shall I have for my Tea? The crowd was completely in silence throughout the game and advertising keep flashing up on the boards 85% discount on LFC merchandise. The americans I think were there and it must have been a depressing specticle for them. I looked up at one stage and saw the team were one nil down and then I carried on looking at the floor glanced at my watch and thought I wish I was somewhere else. The ref eventally put me out of my misery. I could not care two hoots what the result was and by the look of fans coming out of the game neither did anyone else.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
most fans feel this way IMO

I will listen, only if your answer contains wisdom

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Stanley Park
I was at the match my thoughts were I am hungry what shall I have for my Tea? The crowd was completely in silence throughout the game and advertising keep flashing up on the boards 85% discount on LFC merchandise. The americans I think were there and it must have been a depressing specticle for them. I looked up at one stage and saw the team were one nil down and then I carried on looking at the floor glanced at my watch and thought I wish I was somewhere else. The ref eventally put me out of my misery. I could not care two hoots what the result was and by the look of fans coming out of the game neither did anyone else.

What's that got to do with anything, and why would that be depressing for them? Our contract with Adidas is up in a couple of months before the Warrior deal kicks in. We're near the end of April, of course they're gonna try get rid of as much Adidas stock before they can't sell it anymore. Why is even relevant?

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
I think what is getting to most fans is that it's not even a suprise that we could lose to someone like West Brom at Anfield. Teams come to Anfield, play their own game and are very confident they can get a result! The same teams go to Old Trafford and are beaten before the game starts, there is no fear factor of Liverpool anymore and that is what gets to me the most!

Anfield in my memory has pretty much been a fortress, the odd defeat here and there but in the last few years it seems as its more of a burden on the players, they don't seem to relish playing in front of the Kop! Perhaps its because a fair few of the squad are way out of their depth...

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Chris2402
I think what is getting to most fans is that it's not even a suprise that we could lose to someone like West Brom at Anfield. Teams come to Anfield, play their own game and are very confident they can get a result! The same teams go to Old Trafford and are beaten before the game starts, there is no fear factor of Liverpool anymore and that is what gets to me the most!

Anfield in my memory has pretty much been a fortress, the odd defeat here and there but in the last few years it seems as its more of a burden on the players, they don't seem to relish playing in front of the Kop! Perhaps its because a fair few of the squad are way out of their depth...

Let's be clear - we dominated the West Brom game. They scored out of the blue from a defensive f*ck-up by GJ. Still no idea how we managed to NOT score. It's becoming quite a talent at Anfield! That aside, I agree with everything else you've said. The home results (note: 'results', not always necessarily 'form') have been nothing short of a disgrace.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

In fairness a few of the performances at Anfield have been good and deserved more but at the end of the day why can other clubs grind out results when playing poorly and we can't do it when we play well?

Unfortunately football is a results business, good performances are always nice but they don't get you any points!

With regards to West Brom, didn't you just know after we had hit the woodwork again that they were going to score? It was almost inevitable!

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

In fairness a few of the performances at Anfield have been good and deserved more but at the end of the day why can other clubs grind out results when playing poorly and we can't do it when we play well?

Unfortunately football is a results business, good performances are always nice but they don't get you any points!

With regards to West Brom, didn't you just know after we had hit the woodwork again that they were going to score? It was almost inevitable!

It's got to the stage that if we go into the half time break without scoring, I KNOW we're not going to win. I think it's become a mental block with the players at this stage, which is hardly surprising given how many times it's happened this season, starting with the first home game where we drew with Sunderland.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: BarLennon

Let's be clear - we dominated the West Brom game. They scored out of the blue from a defensive f*ck-up by GJ. Still no idea how we managed to NOT score. It's becoming quite a talent at Anfield! That aside, I agree with everything else you've said. The home results (note: 'results', not always necessarily 'form') have been nothing short of a disgrace.

"Domination" is over rated, almost irrelevant. Our results depend on what we do with the ball rather than how long we can keep it. Ken's team just don't have the killer instinct, the necessary ruthlessness, the resiliency, the composure, the determination, the speed, the mental strength etc etc - You name it, they lack it!

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Originally Posted By: BarLennon

"Domination" is over rated, almost irrelevant. Our results depend on what we do with the ball rather than how long we can keep it. Ken's team just don't have the killer instinct, the necessary ruthlessness, the resiliency, the composure, the determination, the speed, the mental strength etc etc - You name it, they lack it!

It's certainly not irrelevant. If we dominate a game, it increases our chances or winning a game than a game where we get dominated. Unfortunately for us this season, dominating a game doesn't go any way towards ensuring that we win a game. As for the attributes you listed, killer instinct, necessary ruthlessness (although, pretty much the same as killer instinct), composure, mental strength - I agree with fully. I don't necessarily agree with the determination and the speed though, particularly determination. The thing that splits my mind the most at the moment is that I do see determination in the team. They're working really hard and really trying. They're creating chances, but just not getting the finishing right. It's very troubling.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I guess it depends on your definition of 'domination'. I tend to see it has possession, however my argument is that many successful teams base their style around counter attacking and quite often have less possession and appear to be dominated. Dominating is pointless and a waste of energy unless you have the ruthelss strikers to finish the job.
What I am trying to say is that dominating a game isn't necessarily a good thing or even a yardstick to show how we are doing.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion