KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
So,he bought a club,he got a worldwide brand for his money,one which he can sell whenever he wants.Unless he is willing to move on the stadium issue and invest in the squad without recouping quickly,then the club will hover around the 4th to 8th position no matter who is in charge.

Originally Posted By: AvailableOnAFree

Apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?

Keep your smart arse remarks to yourself,I am not interested in childish remarks.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: wakka
So,the solution is to sack a manager every season?,or is it to give a manager a chance for a couple of seasons with his own players and ideas?

Don't be silly - no one would call for the head of a Liverpool manager doing well in the league.

Originally Posted By: CarheeX
So,the solution is to sack a manager every season?,or is it to give a manager a chance for a couple of seasons with his own players and ideas?

Don't be silly - no one would call for the head of a Liverpool manager doing well in the league.

Another ignorant comment,well done.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Spurs have a smaller stadium than us, so I don't think that is the only issue.
Newcastle and Arsenal have spent less money than us, so I don't think that is the only issue either.

I agree that JH should press on with the stadium, but I don't think throwing money around is necessarily the best policy. It's not just about spending a load of dosh. It's about buying smart. Newcastle, Arsenal, and Spurs have demonstrated that it is possible to compete without having a stadium that seats 60,000 or spending money like City. If we do spend a load of money, it should be spend on scouts, to make sure that we never buy players like Downing, Adam, Henderson, and Carroll ever again.

YNWA
F
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
F
Sad that the first silverware the club has won since 2006 is dismissed so easily.
no one has or is dismissing the cups i for one is very happy that the club took the cups serious , but i wish liverpool and dalglish would have took the league seriously after the millions spent now we are spiraling towards relegation good job there is only 4 games left or liverpool would have been in bigger trouble than liverpool are now .

T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
Originally Posted By: Brian
Benitez - OK CRAP - CL + FA

You must not have been paying attention during those years if you thing Benitez was at times "okay" and at times "crap". I can post the list of milestones the club achieved under his stewardship again if you need reminding. Let's just say "qualified for the CL 5 times out of 6" - because that immediately makes him a better manager than anyone all the way back to Paisley.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: thundyr

You must not have been paying attention during those years if you thing Benitez was at times "okay" and at times "crap". I can post the list of milestones the club achieved under his stewardship again if you need reminding. Let's just say "qualified for the CL 5 times out of 6" - because that immediately makes him a better manager than anyone all the way back to Paisley.

I agree and don't forget he took us to the final at Anthens and battered AC milan and the semi against chelsea

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
F
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
F
look benitez done well and then its went bad simple as that he spent millions of pounds and he left the club with a squad the club is still reeling from because dalglish felt he had to spend millions of sub-standard english players to replace the dross benitez left , too much has gone now liverpool might never recover and 1 or 2 cup wins wont change that , it is certain the cups results are a blip because the league form is the real liverpool £60 million pound strike force 12 league goals between them .

Last edited by fazakerley red 1; 24/04/12 02:02 AM.
G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Lads around 18 months ago we where on verge of administration! Huge debts and hicks and Gillette in charge! We had a squad of poulsons ngogs to name a few! We have come along way in that time and a lot has changed! We may be havin a shocking season on league but I feel we are in good position to solve that with further summer investment ! Arsenal Chelsea need reinvest ! Newcastle over achieved and spurs most likely will lose Harry so it could be huge summer and not as gloomy as it looks now! I do think with Lucas back and looked of Adam Henderson etc now realising size of job it is to play for us they will improve ! Glass is not always half empty

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: thundyr

I think you should - it made for excellent reading. Do you have a list also which shows the records that we have broken this season? I know we've lost to clubs that haven't beaten us in decades, lost at home more than ever and had chronic losing streaks but some actual data would be very interesting...

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion