KopTalk

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#216867 - 24/04/12 11:49 PM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: TheKopProphet]
thundyr
Unregistered

I could do the mod thing if nominated. I'm online most days, even when I'd rather not read endless threads b1tching about the same things as the previous week.

For my money, Stanley Park is a good shout. Seems to know a good deal about things in Liverpool (the city) as well, which brings a different perspective to the "reality" of the club to OOTs like myself who don't even live in England.

Rafarendum is also a good call given his regular presence on the forum and his much better than average grasp of tactics. I realize that a mod is mainly there to stop idiocy getting out of hand, but it helps if the guy (or gal!) knows a thing or two about football. But, for instance, blindly supporting Kevin Doyle doesn't help forum n00bs gain respect for a mod.

Sponsored Ads

#216881 - 24/04/12 11:59 PM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: Carheex]
TheKopProphet Offline

Originally Posted By: CarheeX
I actually agree with some of what you said, especially regarding censorship, feedom of expression/speech etc. In an earlier post I suggested a moderator-free weekend as an experiment. We're all adults - what's the worst that could happen? In many ways, too much moderation is worse than none. To a certain degree, nasty insults need to be cut out of course, but are we that fragile that we need prefects around telling us off just for calling someone a 'd1ck', for example?

Happy to be in agreement with you for a change. Some of the warnings come at bizarre times to be honest... and lack of consistency is always the biggest problem.

#216886 - 25/04/12 12:01 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: ]
TheKopProphet Offline

Originally Posted By: thundyr
I could do the mod thing if nominated. I'm online most days, even when I'd rather not read endless threads b1tching about the same things as the previous week.

For my money, Stanley Park is a good shout. Seems to know a good deal about things in Liverpool (the city) as well, which brings a different perspective to the "reality" of the club to OOTs like myself who don't even live in England.

Rafarendum is also a good call given his regular presence on the forum and his much better than average grasp of tactics. I realize that a mod is mainly there to stop idiocy getting out of hand, but it helps if the guy (or gal!) knows a thing or two about football. But, for instance, blindly supporting Kevin Doyle doesn't help forum n00bs gain respect for a mod.

Good point about SP - he is extremely knowledgeable and a damn fine source of local purview. The incessant negativity to the point of manic depression is what lets him down though. He also could show a bit more patience with people's comments.... but he has many good attributes too.

#216897 - 25/04/12 12:30 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: TheKopProphet]
LiamH Offline

Ta be fair I don't think the current moderators are doin that bad of a job. Everyones gonna have an opinion and there no different. Honestly havin seen them (maybe I'm wrong) dealin with anyone in an unfair manner.
But from followin Koptalk for the past few months I think (for what its worth) the people most suited to become moderators due to general cop on and actual good football knowledge would be Thundyr and/or Stanley Park. . .

#216902 - 25/04/12 12:43 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: Carheex]
thundyr
Unregistered

I actually agree with some of what you said, especially regarding censorship, feedom of expression/speech etc. In an earlier post I suggested a moderator-free weekend as an experiment. We're all adults - what's the worst that could happen? In many ways, too much moderation is worse than none. To a certain degree, nasty insults need to be cut out of course, but are we that fragile that we need prefects around telling us off just for calling someone a 'd1ck', for example?

I don't know that we're "fragile" but I believe there always needs to be a sense of decency. Resorting to gutter talk (as I've seen quite regularly on this forum) is not the way to go about making or arguing a point. Though one may know the recipient is thick skinned, that's no excuse to behave poorly.

#216906 - 25/04/12 01:11 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: Carheex]
Flames Offline

Loc: Walmart FC Forum

for the millionth time, mods dont make up the rules. thats dunk you have a problem with.
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"

#216911 - 25/04/12 01:42 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: ]
bigredkop Online   content

My nominations in no order:

Carheex,
Thundyr,
Bar Lennon,
Kop Prophet,
Stanley Park.

Edited by bigredkop (25/04/12 01:46 AM)

#216912 - 25/04/12 01:44 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: bigredkop]
fazakerley red 1 Offline

Loc: FAZAKERLEY,LIVERPOOL
thanks for no nominations people much appreciated

#216914 - 25/04/12 02:00 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: fazakerley red 1]
Reconize
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1

Might be a reason for that one boyo

#216916 - 25/04/12 02:02 AM Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? [Re: ]
fazakerley red 1 Offline

Loc: FAZAKERLEY,LIVERPOOL
Originally Posted By: Reconize
Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1

Might be a reason for that one boyo