Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I'd actually like to see less analysis of penalty decisions. It's extremely easy to see if the decision was correct when you've got half an hour spare to watch it in slow motion from 20 different angles, but the refs job is difficult....

- he has seconds to make a key decision
-thousands and thousands of people are screaming at him trying to influence the decision
-players will be surrounding him putting pressure on him
-he knows that millions of people will analyse everything he does and be taling about it for days/weeks
-he can't always be in a position to see everything
-players cheat and some are very good at it

Nothing can be done after the game so either get clarity during the game or just accept that mistakes will be made. He's there to officiaite and can't be expected to get everything spot on under such intense pressure and circumstances.

Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
How much is a Hereford Utd season ticket...?

Unfortunately, if we want top players at our club we must pay top prices to get them there and pay them which means the fans must pay top money for their tickets.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I can only imagine, however even though the horse has bolted with all the changes i dont think on reflection its been the best way for the game, and i dont think it can go on indefinatly, what ever happens i still say its sad the ordinary person cant indulge, no fans, no money. Theres always the richer ones though i guess? prawn sandwhich anyone? wink

Life is beautiful when you find Love
when you find the place your meant to be
when you find the one to give your heart to
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
How much is a Hereford Utd season ticket...?

Unfortunately, if we want top players at our club we must pay top prices to get them there and pay them which means the fans must pay top money for their tickets.

What if you have not got the money, then of course you don't go. There's no entitlement to watch LFC you can either afford it or you can't right? Well partly as prices go ever more ridiculous fueled by players wages and agents the pool who can afford it goes ever less. And once you stop going you don't come back. Its even worse for a club like Liverpool who charge the same as the top clubs but who are only a top club in name only. How will it end up ? no idea personally but its going to be interestig to watch.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
I would like to add changes to the rules.
Footy is a contact sport (a man's game) and proper tackles should be allowed, if we are to get rid of the divers and shamsters on field.
We should introduce line cameras (same as in tennis and cricket) to rule out hasty and inaccurate decisions by refs.
Pink, rainbow coloured shoes etc must be banned, hurts the eyes summat and pony tails, hair nets etc must deffo go.
Sepp B must be given the boot.

waking up from deep slumber
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Brian
I would like to add changes to the rules.
Footy is a contact sport (a man's game) and proper tackles should be allowed, if we are to get rid of the divers and shamsters on field.
We should introduce line cameras (same as in tennis and cricket) to rule out hasty and inaccurate decisions by refs.
Pink, rainbow coloured shoes etc must be banned, hurts the eyes summat and pony tails, hair nets etc must deffo go.
Sepp B must be given the boot.

You could be onto something here....if we allow all fouls then the divers will disappear - and quite possibly the pansies in the pink/green/orange/yellow boot brigade! :-)

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
At last CarH we have reached common ground!

waking up from deep slumber
Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Some things really annoy me about the world's greatest game and I thought I'd share them to see if anyone else gets wound up by the same things....

1) abolish the transfer windows - let clubs sign players as and when they want/need. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep the 'window' in place?
2) abolish long term loan signings - Didn't loans used to be for a few weeks at a time to cover for injuries or suspensions, or in case of emergencies? How can a prem club loan another prem club one of their players for a year?? madness.
3) 'shielding the ball' out of play. According to the FA rule books, 'preventing a player from getting to the ball with no attempt to play the ball' is blatant obstruction. Certain changes like the 'no pass back' rule were brought in to speed the game up so why do refs allow such negativity as this 'shielding' nonsense?
4) introduction of 4th official technology - to be used for penalty box incidents only
5) diving - anyone found guilty of CHEATING (let's not all it 'simulation') should get a 12 month ban without pay
6) pre-rehearsed goal celebrations - how camp and ridiculous do these people look doing their routines?? (sky have even got an award for 'best celebration'!!!)
7) brightly coloured football boots. ponces.

Have I missed anything? (this list started off with only 3 items but keeps growing...)

Good post.

1. I agree, most of the transfer movements go on on deadline day (in the January window particularly), which has become a bit of a joke and a sideshow. Makes exciting viewing, but clubs tend to get ripped off and pay over the odds (See Torres/Carroll). One negative point I can think of to abolishing it would be that it would lessen the security of teams who may have players linked with moves away. Just think of the speculation we've had over the years about our better players leaving, such as, Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, etc. How relieving was it when the window closed and we knew they weren't leaving (this time). Imagine the worry of losing your better players hanging over the team constantly - not to mention the players themselves minds being elsewhere.

2. Completely agree. This has only started happening in the last 10 years or so. Completely against it.

3. I think it's okay as long as the player shielding is A) regularly touching the ball every couple of seconds (to prove he's actually in posssession) and B) that he's not actually leaning back on the opponent or holding him off with an arm.

4. 100% agreed. Needs to happen soon.

5. I think your 12 month ban idea is harsh and extremely unrealistic, but certainly they need to get a lot harsher on cheaters than they currently are.

6. Camp as a row of tents.

7. Hahaha!

I have an idea of my own, which I brought up last night in the pub after watching the Chelsea match. I wonder what others think of it...

Ramires, Ivanovic, Meireles and Terry will all miss the CL final through suspension. Playing in a CL final is quite often a once in a lifetime opportunity. I think it's very harsh for a player to miss out on this after the hard work and dedication of helping the team get there. Wasn't David Luiz suspended last night for having already accumulated the bookings for a suspension? Yet he'll get to play in the final. So he got booked more regularly than Meireles, Ivanovic and Ramires, yet he gets the reward of a place in the final.

I think this is wrong. When Meireles made the challenge, he was pleading with the ref not to book him (because he knew what it would mean). The ref had no choice - it was a yellow card offence. Ramires scored the goal that sent them to the final, yet he got booked and will now miss it. This is very harsh on these players, so here's my idea:

If a player accumulates the bookings for a ban up to this stage, the final is exempt from suspensions - ie: Meireles, Ramires and Ivanovic would be able to play in the final, but their suspension would carry on til the next season, when it would then be served. If a player in the semi final second leg gets a straight red - or two yellows in a single game resulting in a red - then the ban stands for the final, and they miss it. I think this is a much fairer system, than depriving a player this massive opportunity to play in a final which they've worked so hard for.

Another example was Roy Keane and Scholes in 1999. Both missed the CL final after getting bookings in the semi. Roy Keane practically dragged Man Ure through than semi against Juventus, yet picked up a booking and missed the final. Am I right in saying that the players who aren't in the match day squad for the final don't even get a medal? I think it's very harsh, and could do with some revising. Most of us would want to see a final contested with two teams at full strength anyway.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Bari I think your suggestion is an excelent one who can ever forget gaza's tackle in the world cup semi final in 1990. ok it was achedemic in the end but had that come to pass that mistimed tackle would have haunted him till his dying day had england got to the world cup final. Not natural justice or morally fair suggest you email your idea to FIFA.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
1) abolish the transfer window.

I don't agree with this at all. There are more and more teams in this modern age that are getting richer via their owners wealth. Do you not realise what Man city, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga, etc would do with unlimited funds without any rules obstructing them form signing any player at any time they want? I think its a bad idea to remove it and if it happens, I can see those clubs listed above winning the majority of the trophies that they compete in.

5) diving.

I will kill to remove this from the game. Its really spoiling the game at the moment however 12 month ban as you have suggested is very harsh and if someone gets hard done by wrongfully then it creates a real headache. I think a red card rule should apply for divers so 3 games banishment and if repeated again it will be 4 games then 5 and so on. This might not entirely remove it but I can guarantee you that players will think twice before falling over.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion