Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
This kind of ruling is already sort of in place somewhere I think. In world cups (possibly the euro's?), do bookings get wiped out at the start of the next stage of the tournament?.....or is that a thing of the past....?...or maybe I just dreamt it?!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
This kind of ruling is already sort of in place somewhere I think. In world cups (possibly the euro's?), do bookings get wiped out at the start of the next stage of the tournament?.....or is that a thing of the past....?...or maybe I just dreamt it?!

You are right and I remember this even implemented in this past World Cup however a player can still miss a final by receiving 2 yellows or a red in the semi final. The abolish those cards just before semi final kick off.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Snakeye
1) abolish the transfer window.

I don't agree with this at all. There are more and more teams in this modern age that are getting richer via their owners wealth. Do you not realise what Man city, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga, etc would do with unlimited funds without any rules obstructing them form signing any player at any time they want? I think its a bad idea to remove it and if it happens, I can see those clubs listed above winning the majority of the trophies that they compete in.

No one has 'unlimited funds', and the transfer window just means they have to cram their signings into a short space of time - it doesn't restrict how many they can buy or how much they can spend. Look at it another way, if a club is in financial poo and have a valuable assett, why shouldn't they be allowed to sell him if it means avoiding administration and ensuring that the other staff get paid?
The january window creates panic, overly priced transfers and instability. Furthermore, what if a player is really unhappy - why should he and his family not be able to move or play for 6 months?

I really can't see any advantage of the transfer window system.

T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
I'd actually like to see less analysis of penalty decisions. It's extremely easy to see if the decision was correct when you've got half an hour spare to watch it in slow motion from 20 different angles, but the refs job is difficult....

- he has seconds to make a key decision
-thousands and thousands of people are screaming at him trying to influence the decision
-players will be surrounding him putting pressure on him
-he knows that millions of people will analyse everything he does and be taling about it for days/weeks
-he can't always be in a position to see everything
-players cheat and some are very good at it

Nothing can be done after the game so either get clarity during the game or just accept that mistakes will be made. He's there to officiaite and can't be expected to get everything spot on under such intense pressure and circumstances.

I actually have no problem with any of this. Referees are human and therefore make mistakes - I think everyone accepts this. Which is why the referral system should work, because a) they get to see it all in slow motion, and b) it's the 4th official who is making the call. There should obviously be no ability to "challenge a successful challenge". It takes less time than people think, and is there to assist the referees, not to show them up for fools (they do that enough as it is). The alternative is to have more officials watching the penalty area, but that could be a problem in terms of logistics.

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Yeah, the slate is wiped clean in a few competitions. I think in the PL yellows are wiped clean around January and in the CL, they're wiped clean after the group stages. That still leaves 6 (or is it 8?) more matches before the final arrives. It only takes 2 bookings for a suspension. One player could get booked in the first knockout game, go 4 games without a booking, then get booked in the semi 2nd leg and miss the final. On the other side a player can get booked in his first 2 knockout games, serve a suspension, come back and get booked in another 2 games (4 yellows altogether in the knockouts), serve a suspension, and then be eligable for the final. It just doesn't seem completely fair.

Thanks Stanley, I just might do that. Obviously there's a slim chance it will even be read, but what harm could it do, eh?

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By: Snakeye
1) abolish the transfer window.

I don't agree with this at all. There are more and more teams in this modern age that are getting richer via their owners wealth. Do you not realise what Man city, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga, etc would do with unlimited funds without any rules obstructing them form signing any player at any time they want? I think its a bad idea to remove it and if it happens, I can see those clubs listed above winning the majority of the trophies that they compete in.

No one has 'unlimited funds', and the transfer window just means they have to cram their signings into a short space of time - it doesn't restrict how many they can buy or how much they can spend. Look at it another way, if a club is in financial poo and have a valuable assett, why shouldn't they be allowed to sell him if it means avoiding administration and ensuring that the other staff get paid?
The january window creates panic, overly priced transfers and instability. Furthermore, what if a player is really unhappy - why should he and his family not be able to move or play for 6 months?

I really can't see any advantage of the transfer window system.

I think the main justification for the transfer window is that it prevents teams from poaching their rival's players. Not "rivals" in the sense of us and Everton, but in the sense of rivals for 4th, rivals in the relegation battle, whatever. You can imagine how unfair it would be if Abaramovich could just say "Alright, Cisse, you've been doing Newcastle a world of good and it looks like you'll probably fire them into 4th ahead of us. So I'll be having you, Cabaye, and Ba as well." Now, I'm not sure I agree with this justification. Before there were transfer windows, that sort of poaching was extremely rare. But then again, there was arguably more player loyalty back then, and there was certainly less money about.

YNWA
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I agree AOA. That last sentence of yours is very true. Less loyalty and say Man city came in and doubled your wages to do the same thing would you seriously think twice? I think its a recipe for disaster especially with those emerging rich clubs.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
transfer window need to stay or else there will be no football and only speculation and negotiations..

‘There are only two
sides in Liverpool – one is red
and one is blue and the blue side
are the reserves.’

-Bill Shankly.
R
RedLaz
Unregistered
RedLaz
Unregistered
R
I hate the way the players carry in hysterically like they've been shot after a decent tackle! This tactic by the players to draw cards against opposition should be penalized because it's a massive blight on the game and looks fvcking pathetic! These hystrionics should be rewarded with a yellow card or even a red one to stamp it out!!

I'm up for decisions to be reviewed at the time of the incident for calls in the box. Many times it's been proven that a penalty has been rewarded incorrectly. It wouldn't take any less time than it takes for the player rolling around te ground dying to get up which generally causes a decent delay!

Goal technology is another one that should come in a well.

Leave the transfer window too because as someone else said it gives a short period to improve the squad if needed but then it's over and the speculations can lay dormant until the summer.

Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Oh, and 'agents'. Can we get rid of those parasites whilst we're righting the wrongs?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion