Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#236409 30/05/12 09:51 PM
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Assuming Rodgers gets confirmed as our manager (anything can happen in the LFC circus so let's not count our chickens yet!), what would your expectations be for him and LFC next season? With no investment at all I'd expect us to be challenging for 6th place. With the right signings though, 5th shouldn't be out of our reach. Top 4 shouldn't even be mentioned - those spots WILL be taken up by city, chelsea, utd and arsenal. There is no reason why we can't leapfrog everton and newcastle but let's not expect anything more than that.

Carheex #236432 30/05/12 10:04 PM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
sorry man, i cant lower my expectation, it as to be 4th place, anything outside of that would be a step back from sacking kk, and i wanted kk gone. i think he might pull it off too,

Lfc-chris #236438 30/05/12 10:08 PM
F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
to get closer to 4th points wise maybe flirt with 4th through the season and good runs in europe and the domestic cup would be massive progress from the low starting point liverpool are now at.

Last edited by fazakerley red 1; 30/05/12 10:08 PM.
A
aldo
Unregistered
aldo
Unregistered
A
Win every single game

#236443 30/05/12 10:11 PM
F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
and to be miles better at anfield

W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
We finished where we finished due to a very poor squad.
Not even Mourinho could have got our squad higher than Kenny did.

Rogers will do no better unless he makes signings to fit his style of playing.

He needs to get rid of the deadwood, Carragher, Spearing, Downing, and bring some players who will take on board his ideas and have the technical ability to carry them out.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Bit too early for this...

Lets wait until the end of the summer before we dump all sorts of absurd expectations on the new manager.

Carheex #236457 30/05/12 10:23 PM
B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B
Agree totally with you Carheex except for one point.

Chelsea and Arsenal are by no means safe in the top four.
If Hazard doesn't do the business than what has really changed for them? Nothing!

They have the exciting Marko Marin but he rarely scores even in the Bundesliga. They have lost Drogba, too and maybe that could set Torres free or give him an even smaller place to hide!

Of course they could splurge another 70m and then I'd say they were a shoe in again for top four.

As for Arsenal.... Just can't see RVP staying and if that is the case I think it is one too many super mega stars to have jumped ship for them to remain in the top four. RVP, Nasri, Cesc... it goes on and on with them!

And you just don't replace RVP unless you spend 30m on a player and when have Arse ever done that? Never!!!

As for Spurs? Splash some decent money and they are right in the mix but I could say the same for us! Buy three to four very good players and we could easily get back up there.

Lucas back fit and fresh. Hopefully (fingers crossed) SG staying fit all season and a proper RW and a high quality striker and we could have a good season indeed!

R
redtillimdead
Unregistered
redtillimdead
Unregistered
R
For me I don't know what to expect other than he done well with Swansea. I want to get back UCL obviously but I'm really expecting it. I won't be suprised if we finish about 6-7. They need to make some very good signings over the summer, I think if he finishes just short of 4th then he would do very very well. If back in the UCL he's the messiah and praise t he lord.

Good luck BR your gonna need it. And FSG if you have cocked up this decision boy you better sleep with one eye open. Because yo have over looked Rafa, someone without any doubt would put us in contention for the top 4 places.

Lfc-chris #236460 30/05/12 10:24 PM
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: LFC-chris
sorry man, i cant lower my expectation, it as to be 4th place, anything outside of that would be a step back from sacking kk, and i wanted kk gone. i think he might pull it off too,

Ken's target of 4th was based on 3 factors:

1) his caretaker period at the club yielded enough points (pro-rata) to finish second in the premier league
2) he spent £115m to further increase his chances of CL qualification
3) a little naiveity on FSG's part of the task in hand

Rodgers will be starting with a clean slate and FSG will be a bit wiser as to what is required to break into the top 4. Furthermore he will be handicapped somewhat by the poor quality of squad that Dalglish left behind. If you're going to expect 4th from Rodgers in his first season then you WILL be mightily disappointed.
To achieve 4th we will need to improve by 4 positions and overtake either chelsea (european champions who have already spent more than we will be able to), or arsenal (wfinished 3rd last season). It's massively unrealistic and I'd bet good money that FSG have not told him that 4th is the expectation otherwise he'd have told them to 'dream on!', and get someone else to sack next summer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion