Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: AvailableOnAFree
Dearest Forummers,

On Wednesday I'll be attending my first Liverpool game in about 5 years since I've moved back to the States. It's a friendly, but as it's at Yankee Stadium (a great venue) and against City (those league-stealing b*stards) I'm really looking forward to it. But I have a bit of a dilemma and I was hoping that all of you wizened old chaps could help me out.

I haven't bought a replica kit in years, for a variety of reasons - they cost too much, they change every year, etc. The last one I bought, and the only one that still fits me, unfortunately says "Torres 9" on the back. Of course now I know never to buy kits with names on the back, because with the exception of Stevie and Carra, most players these days are money-grabbing so-and-sos. But I was young and foolish then, so lesson learned. Anyways, because American supporters tend to try to express their devotion by buying and wearing as much club gear as possible, I thought I might wear my old kit. For better or for worse, I don't want to be mistaken for some prawn-sandwich munching corporate hack.

The problem is, of course, that it's a Torres kit. Personally, any ill-will I had towards the man dried up a long time ago as his career has nose-dived. All I have left now are some fond memories of the guy scoring that first goal against Chelsea, leaving Vidic chasing shadows at OT, scoring that wonder-volley against Blackburn, etc. But I know some folks are still a bit peeved, and understandably so.

So my question for you folks is a simple one: Torres jersey - yay or nay?

I had a Alonso shirt way back and a couple of months after I bought it he left. Never did the print again. But wear it you paid for it and the crest is all that matters.

noun [oops]·trar·i·an \kən-ˈtrer-ē-ən, kän-\.
If all else fails say that word outstanding a couple of times. The more you do the more you will believe your own spin.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Rather keep Borini if we're going for strikers who can't score.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
World class

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Just remove the T and replace it with FL and that’ll describe him to a tee, given that he’s wilting anyway

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Were not footballers, were not made out of money. Wear what you got. I wear my Kuyt jersey whenever I have a chance. lol

Dirk Kuyt 3 MancScum 0
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
Just getting back from the game now and I'm pleased to say that I wasn't the only one with a Torres jersey. But whoever said it above is right - as I don't go to games regularly, it would make sense to buy a new shirt and support the club financially. I didn't really think about it like that, but that's a good point.

Must admit, I'm rather surprised to see the level of response this got. Torres is most certainly a part of our history, but I assumed that most people had essentially disowned him (i.e. Growler) because of the circumstances in which he left and the club that he left us for. Nice to know that there are others out there who still remember the magic that he and Stevie made those first couple years.

Having said that, I do agree with Growls on one point - I wouldn't take him now even on loan with Chelsea paying his wages. Just not the same player he was, and there's no point in living in the past.

YNWA
D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Originally Posted By: KuytRobbenGod
Were not footballers, were not made out of money. Wear what you got. I wear my Kuyt jersey whenever I have a chance. lol

Yeah, but Kuyt didn't leave us in the lurch and move to one of the most disliked teams in the country.

Players don't / shouldn't get slaughtered or hated on just because they move clubs - this modern trend is pathetic and it makes no sense crazy We only have one or two in our recent history that get on my titts - Torres & Owen. Both left us because we weren't "big enough" for them and they consequently moved on to "bigger and better things" lol laugh Owen is the one I really dispise, horrible little shitt & it makes me nauseous when he commentates on our matches - that shitt is wrong.

Every other player to have left I wish the best for - except El Hagi Diouf sick

Last edited by Duncan_Donut; 31/07/14 05:32 AM.
K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Torres has gotten what he deserves. He is a worthless player who with the midfielders he plays with any good striker should put at least 15-20 prem goals up a season. Hopefully Costa will fall on his face after leaving his country hung out to dry My point wasnt that Kuyt was hated just that we arent made of money like footballers so dont be ashamed to wear and old jersey even if he was a [oops]. He is forgotten now and his career has plumeted to nothing.

Dirk Kuyt 3 MancScum 0
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Went to the Melbourne game last pre-season and saw someone with an old "Torres - 9" jersey. Although, he decided to take a permanent marker to it and write an expletive before the name.

One way to keep your kits fresh <_<

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion