Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: redordead13
The Bad:

Ok, guys, I won't sugar coat it. That was the ugliest, weirdest game I've seen us play in a long time. That first half especially was garbage. Lack of intensity, lack of desire, lack of cohesion, lack of everything. It was like the only 3 players we had on the pitch were Skrtel, Migs, and Glen Johnson of all people. Stevie looked out of ideas, Sterlign couldn't get into the game, and Mario was isolated, wasteful, and beyond frustrating. The second half was better, but it was like we were trying to throw the game away.

But there were SOME good things.

1. Glen Johnson actually showed up. Important last minute tackle, and he forced the first goal.
2. More players are healthy. Can and Allen need to get up to speed and fast.
3. Mignolet made some world class saves. He didn't put a foot wrong, and I felt sorry for him for those the two sloppy goals he could do nothing about. His defense left him for dead time and again, but he kept us in the game.
3. Coutinho's impact sub appearance. Great goal and what a pass to find Sterling at the end.
4. Aside from the sloppy goals at the death, we were much better in the second half. The passing was more direct and fluid, and we looked a better team. Sterling looked like he waited tip the 60th minute to show up, but when he did, he made things happen.

If you can console yourself with this, good for you.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You can always find a positive or a negative in anything but after last season no one expected us to be as poor as this. Even cool flames did not predict this

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Terrific is a bit too much KP,the only positive is that we got lucky.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Imagine if we hadn't got those wo own goals! Not much positive to take from this.

1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
My OP wasn't supposed to be glaringly positive or negative, just naming what is. There was a lot of bad. It was a pretty bad game for us we were very fortunate to win. There were good things though, namely that Coutinho and Mignolet were much better after being woeful for most of the season.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Great movie that but on a serious note there was a lot of ugly on showing during that match. The good for me was Simon Mignolet as he pulled out about 5 goal saves so great booster for him after all the negativity and the Valdes story hanging over his head. I think he is well equiped to withstand a storm on wednesday if defence help him out and do their jobs.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Snakeye
Great movie that but on a serious note there was a lot of ugly on showing during that match. The good for me was Simon Mignolet as he pulled out about 5 goal saves so great booster for him after all the negativity and the Valdes story hanging over his head. I think he is well equiped to withstand a storm on wednesday if defence help him out and do their jobs.

I hope so. On that front. Manquillo and Moreno will be well rested for that game, and they will need to be at their sharpest with Ronaldo and Bale running at them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion