Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
EnergisedReds #446093 24/10/14 08:56 AM
S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
Originally Posted By: RedsforChampions

Yes it looks like we need at least one top DM and I don't think it's FSG or the committee who prevented this, it is BR's decision for sure.

BR has said several times that he doesn't like working with DM's, he likes to buy players that can play multiple positions, hence ball-playing defenders, Goalkeepers with good distribution, Wingers/Strikers who interchange positions. His whole idea is to have the whole team passing, probably why he's so desperate to move to a slower league like Spain, where his [oops] idea's might actually work. BR will never sign a juggernaut like we need.

Hercules/AF 58 #446095 24/10/14 09:00 AM
S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
Originally Posted By: Hercules/AF 58

So you haven't heard about FSG's moneyball strategy then? That strategy has at it's heart the use of statistical data to identify undiscovered gems that can be bought cheap, polished and sold on at a profit later. They used it in baseball and are trying to replicate it in football, but imo it currently has no chance of success in football for reasons I've expanded on in previous threads.

Buy young, sell on for profit later on - the policy just about every team in the world has implemented especially Arsenal to great affect.

Are you for real, clutching at any straw to blame FSG for Rodgers being so inept in the transfer market.

TrueRed #446097 24/10/14 09:06 AM
S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
Originally Posted By: TrueRed
Originally Posted By: MyKneeGrows
There is no evidence FSG are obstructing Brendan to purchase a higher quality of player. To just assume it would be foolish

So if BR wants a player and the Committee don't what is the outcome?

You've got the wrong idea about the committee.

-FSG set an overall budget that Rodgers can spend.
-Rodgers identifies positions he wants to improve and players he wants.
-The Scouts go off and find the players which match Rodgers requirements and make recommendations
-They hold several meetings discussing who to sign and take the club forward.
-Rodgers picks the players he wants to sign.
-Ayre handles contracts and negotiations.

All this is irrelevant though as the committee was scrapped this season, Rodgers has said several times that it all stops with him, he has full control over transfers as of this season.

Spice Boys #446105 24/10/14 09:20 AM
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
I'm glad we have your inside knowledge to tell us exactly how the club is run, thank you.

#446109 24/10/14 09:31 AM
S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
Originally Posted By: sixtiesred
Mmmmmm then that is a worry if correct not that he has full control but that he has managed not to sort some key positions given we had plenty of time and money to do it ?

Rodgers -

Control over transfer policy was key to me accepting the job. I believe in communication. I have a very good relationship with Ian Ayre and we speak on a daily if not twice-daily basis about players we need to bring in.

Chris2402 #446111 24/10/14 09:34 AM
S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
Originally Posted By: Chris2402
I'm glad we have your inside knowledge to tell us exactly how the club is run, thank you.

It's not inside knowlege, it's free knowledge available to everyone, direct from Rodgers' mouth -

“There is absolutely no way a player will come in here if I don’t want him,” Rodgers said.

“I will always be the first person it comes to. That’s not being arrogant, that’s how we operate here and how it works in this country.

“Abroad it works differently where you have a coach and the club will bring in the players. The coach then works with the players he’s given.

“A lot has been made of it but the fact is the process that happens here is no different to what happens at other English clubs.

“We have a number of people, scouting staff and analysts, who will look for targets who fit the profile of the players that we want.

“Then I will sit down with those guys, look at those targets and make a shortlist from that.

“All that work that goes on is of great help to me. We identify players, gather all the information we possibly can and then if they’re right for what we need it comes down to whether they are affordable and available.

“I know the club will go and do the best it can to get the players we want. But it’s very clear that anyone we sign will be because I want him here.”

TrueRed #446116 24/10/14 09:43 AM
B
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
B
Originally Posted By: TrueRed
Originally Posted By: MyKneeGrows

Show me a quote of FSG saying we're implementing moneyball at L'pool

Not a quote exactly. But certainly enough to educate you.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1588677-how-moneyball-thinking-made-a-difference-at-liverpool

An opinion in an article from bleacher report means very little. Lets look at the facts shall we? Lets look at who we have actually signed. If you know anything about money ball and sabermetrics you wouldn't for a second suggest that 'money ball' is the main transfer strategy at Liverpool. Of all our signings only Lovren had the statistics to suggest he was actually better than the buzz surrounding other high profile defenders but we still over paid for him and he was never likely to increase in value. If we were implementing money ball we would have signed Tadic who had incredible stats and was undervalued instead Markovic who had very average stats but there was more buzz around him.

You clearly haven't got a clue what money ball actually is. I'd read up on it before making bold claims and telling other users you're educating them. Our system of buying young and hoping for sell on value is not the heart of money ball and the majority of our signings do not reflect a money ball approach.

#446232 24/10/14 08:48 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V

van Gogh #446325 25/10/14 09:49 AM
C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
It looks like we have signed a cheap salesman/manager who has talked his way into a job he is clearly not capable of doing.
In line with the owners money ball philosophy.

geez we really need to stop blaming the players and get a top line manager, Klopp, Hiddink, et al.

f..k, f..k, f..k i am so over this after decades of sheet managers and sheet players ,,,,, aaaaaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion