Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
B
I wasn't sure where to post today as nearly every thread has the same people saying the same stuff over and over again, but that's because we are currently persisting with the same tactics and not surprisingly getting the same results, see Einstein's definition of insanity for how ridiculous that is.

I thought the defence was quite a bit better today, though they had a lot less to do as Hull successfully executed their 'I don't think you're good enough to open us up' strategy. Hopefully the fact that they finally got a clean sheet will put them in a mindset of 'its not inevitable that we will concede', something that Carragher spoke about in his analysis of the Real Madrid match.

It's been said a thousand times, but we quite clearly can't play one up top, especially not with Balotelli, Rodgers' abandoned that tactic when Sturridge and Suarez ensured he had no other choice but to include both in the team, but now a worrying stubbornness to learn and adapt is shining through. Maybe he believed his own hype? And thinks his 'philosophy' is more important than evidence on the pitch?

There were those of us who were shouted down as 'only wanting Ronaldo or Messi' because we didn't sign a marquee player, but we are slowly (not that slowly) being proven right, that the quantity over quality transfer strategy was flawed at best, and worst utterly naive and retarded. Lallana et al haven't been worth 10 million let alone 25 and it doesn't take a genius to see they never will be worth that money despite the likelihood that eventually they will improve some what. Again, its important to state that this isn't in hindsight, it was all said as soon as we signed them.

I appreciate that its early days in their career, and I'd love for them to prove me and the evidence wrong, but the single biggest problem we have right now is how utterly terrible our transfer windows have been. Buying average player after average player leads to an average team. The biggest problem with this is we aren't gonna have another 120 million to spend to actually buy the top players we needed to consolidate 4th, and its more than possible that next season we won't have the lure of champions league football either, especially after how bad we have looked in Europe.

Last edited by bigredkop; 25/10/14 05:35 PM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1
[quote=Welsh_Wizard]I love rewriting history lol.

Rafa rarely bought any duds.

Ermmm

Aquilani
Josemi
Morentes
Keane

As for Kennys signings.

well more names than them , have you forgot about voronin, dossena,ngog and jovanovic . [/quote

Oh well here we go

Brendan Rodgers duds

Borini £12.5m
Assaidi £3m
Alberto £6m
Aspas £7m
Ilori £7m
Balotelli £16m
Yesil £1m
Sahin £5m (loan)

Jury out

Allen £15m (Feck)
Sakho £15m
Markovic £19.8m (Feckity Feck)
Loveren £20m
Llana £25m (we are buffons)

Successes

Sturridge £12m
Moreno (though early days) £12m

This makes very very grim reading.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion