KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Was very good in his first season for Newcastle, has massively regressed since. No point bringing in another squad player for this role. Either have faith in Can to properly shield the defence and dictate the game or bring in someone top level and experienced that will help in Can's development. Remember, he's still only 20 odd.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: van Gogh
Wisdom played at RB for us when he stepped into the first team.

If we get Clyne then it's either CB or the bench for Wisdom. I tink he will be loaned out one more season - or even gets sold this window, as we also have Flanno and Touré who can fill in at that position.

Reports saying we are sending Manquillo back to Spain.
Flanagan out til next year I think and I'll be furious if I see Toure at RB. Wisdom will be the back up to Clyne.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By: evans09
Originally Posted By: van Gogh
Wisdom played at RB for us when he stepped into the first team.

If we get Clyne then it's either CB or the bench for Wisdom. I tink he will be loaned out one more season - or even gets sold this window, as we also have Flanno and Touré who can fill in at that position.

Flanagan out til next year I think and I'll be furious if I see Toure at RB. Wisdom will be the back up to Clyne.

Not necessarily!

In yesterday's Gazzetta Dello Sport:

"The Reds are interested in the Atalanta right fullback Davide Zappacosta. But Torino and Fiorentina are also interested in him. A track is leading to the Premier League for David Zappacosta, from the Atalanta side that in recent seasons have climbed the Serie A ranks to a sound performance level. The player has performed at such a high level that now Liverpool have made an offer to Atalanta. The British side are also talking with the agents of the 23 year-old player, who is currently playing in the European Under-21 Championship with the national team of Di Biagio. On Zappacosta there are also interests from Torino and Fiorentina. But the Anfield giants seem to be leading the chase."

What do we think of this? Is it really possible that we aim at signing 2 new right fullbacks this summer?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Yup stack as many meaningless players lfc so we can ship them out on loan next season then sell them for a loss. Address whats necessary ffs!

Back to Back World Champions baby!
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By: evans09

Thats a good call if true, very strange signing

E
EMP Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By: RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By: EMP
Centre Half- Lovern and Shako have both failed miserably to partner Skrtel who himself has been dodgy enough(tho still our best defender by miles) .We require an experienced quality partner for Skrtel, maybe we think ilori can be it, we have offered him a new deal I think. Gomez is too young. We should be talking to Swansea regarding a Williams/Allen swap.

Left Back- Right back done in Clyne , we cannot be complacent and just say well moreno will be less awful this season, he was horrific and with Flanno not ready for a while we need a proper left back.. City haven't made a bid for cresswell yet, if they do then I would take Taylor , ok he might not be marcelo or alba but he just couldn't be as bad as moreno was last yr.

Defensive Midfield. Lucas is no good, Sneiderlaine is gone to utd seems, the monaco fella went to inter ,and carvahlo is too expensive and off to arsenal if going anywhere.Leaves Song -city ,chelsea interested. Tiote might be a decent under the radar signing. Yellow card magnate but does a decent job .

Striker - Not much to say here as I am pretty certain Benteke will come eventually.

I you were Rodgers and I FSG and you came with such a proposal, I would sack you immediately. Why? BR has spent about 45m on CFs, ie, Lovren, Sakho and Ilori, more than 50m if you add Can and without counting Toure's wages. How can he even think of spending more in that position. You basically want to change 2/3 of the team and a full season will be required by Rodgers for them to adapt.

But I ain't rodgers and I don't want his crap defenders

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
This scatter gun approach seems to just keep throwing up a huge churn in players with little success. There is no continuity I can see, does anyone ever get anywhere without a settled side?

Even if we have a better ratio of success this time round and we manage to clear 10 or so of the failings, flops and contract expires can the same number be assimilated into a side in one season and compete for 4th spot?

This appears to be going the way of it's just around the corner yet again.

BR will need another season so everyone has had time to gel etc etc.

Last edited by Top4; 28/06/15 02:58 PM.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Yep, I'd be chuffed if we went out and got one of each. I reckon we'll get a striker, probably Benteke and that will be it sadly.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
Still need:

Striker
DM
LB
?

Rodgers generally gives his signings plenty of time, so Moreno won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Who do we have as cover for LB???

G
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
G
Jose lol

And

Firmino lol

Last edited by gnp-uk; 14/07/15 08:55 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion